I have vacation brain. Ugh. I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing. My mind is still lounging by the pool!
Also, I haven’t eaten much real food lately. Of course, there were some good meals over the course of my trip. But there was also a lot of this. And this! Oh boy. I may have outdone myself this time. Oh well. That’s what vacations are for, right? Right!
But now I’m back in the “real world” and I’ve managed to drag myself to the grocery store, so I’m trying to get back on track with some easy and healthy meals. And these Moroccan Spiced Chicken Wraps are just what I need. And I think you need them too! Lets discuss.
The chicken is coated with a spicy yogurt sauce, making it super flavorful and tender. Oh and it has a little kick to it too. But no worries. That’s what the Cilantro Dressing is for. It’s creamy and wonderful and will cool everything down. For me, it’s all about this dressing. I want to put this dressing on everything now (and may I be so bold as to suggest you try doing this too!). Throw in some romaine lettuce and thinly sliced red pepper and red onion for crunch factor. Then snuggle everything together into a big soft flour tortilla. Voila!
Moroccan Spiced Chicken Wraps with Cilantro Dressing
- For the Marinade
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup beer (I used a pale ale)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- For the Cilantro Dressing
- 2 cups cilantro
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- For the Wraps
- 4 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- Marinate the chicken. In a large bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt and the next twelve ingredients (through the cinnamon) until they are well combined. Add the chicken thighs, tossing to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Place the marinated chicken thighs on a rimmed baking sheet. Discard the remaining marinade. Bake the chicken in your pre-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the cilantro dressing. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor with the blade attachment (you could also use your blender for this part). Process for 2-3 minutes, until the dressing is a bright green color. Set aside.
- Assemble the wraps. Slice the chicken thighs into strips. Divide the lettuce evenly between the 4 tortillas. Top with the sliced chicken, using about 1 1/2 thighs per wrap. Add a few slices of red onion and red bell pepper to each wrap. Top with the cilantro dressing. Wrap and enjoy!
Trackback URL for this post