I’m super excited about today’s recipe. Because PIZZA!!!
It’s probably one of my most loved foods. I could eat pizza almost every night and not complain. And I’ll take any version you want to throw at me. Deep dish, thin crust, wood-fired, plain or fully loaded. It’s all good.
We have something here in coastal New England that we affectionately call “beach pizza”. I’m sure others have this too. But it’s basically the thinnest crust ever, sauce and cheese. No frills. Served on a paper plate. A bit greasy. And cheap as all get out.
I love it. I crave it. And when I moved back here from the West Coast, it was one of the first things I ate.
This Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad Pizza with Fresh Strawberry Salsa is WAY fancier than my beloved beach pizza. But it’s pizza nonetheless. And I’m obsessed with it.
The other thing I’m obsessed with lately is store-bought naan (I typically buy the Stonefire Tandoori Naan). I got hooked on this stuff a couple months ago and there has been no turning back. Because it makes life really easy. I warm it up either in my oven or on my grill. And then I go to town with all the toppings.
Today’s version has some marinated grilled chicken breast, mozzarella cheese, mixed salad greens and a sweet and spicy strawberry- jalapeño salsa. It’s everything you need for a complete meal all in one neat little package. And it’s ready in just about 30 minutes. I guarantee you’ll be making this one all Summer long!
Be sure to look for the thin cut chicken breasts in your grocery store. They cook up much quicker, helping to get this meal on the table FAST!
It’s also the first Thursday of the month, which makes today 30 Minute Thursday! Check out the links below to see what some of my blogging friends have cooked up for June. I hope you find some inspiration for your next dinner!
Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad Pizza with Fresh Strawberry Salsa
For the Pizza:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 thin cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 pieces naan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
For the Salsa:
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, diced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper. Transfer 3 tablespoons of the dressing to a large zip-closure bag. Then add the chicken breasts to the bag and seal it closed, making sure to push out as much of the air as possible so that the dressing coats the chicken breasts on all sides. Let this sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat your grill to medium-high.
- Toss the mixed greens with the remaining dressing. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the zip-closure bag and place them directly on your grill, discarding any leftover dressing. Cook the chicken breasts until they are no longer pink on the inside and the juices run clear, about 5-7 minutes per side. Remove and transfer the grilled chicken breasts to a clean plate. Tent with aluminum foil to keep warm. Allow the chicken breasts to rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing them into strips.
- Meanwhile, warm the naan on your grill for 1 minute per side. When you flip the naan to the second side, sprinkle the tops with the mozzarella cheese, dividing it evenly between the two pieces of naan. Remove the naan from the grill and place each piece on clean plate with the cheese-side facing up.
- Top each piece of naan with half of the dressed salad greens, half of the sliced chicken breasts and a couple spoonfuls of the fresh strawberry salsa. Slice and serve immediately.
30 Minute Thursday Recipes
Creamy Sausage and Mushroom Rigatoni by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad by Life Made Sweeter
Blackened Fish Taco Bowls with Corn Salsa by Bake Eat Repeat
One Pot Creamy Vegan Caprese Pasta by She Likes Food
Vegetarian Portobello Mushroom Fajitas by Kristine’s Kitchen
One Pot BBQ Chicken Pasta by The Recipe Rebel
I could eat pizza every day too and never get sick of it…I’d have to say it’s my favorite food! And yay for beach pizza! Sometimes you just need the cheapest, greasiest pizza, and that can sometimes be the best thing ever. This salad pizza is so pretty, Liz! I’m loving the strawberry salsa and chicken on top. Sounds SO good and I love the how the flavors go together!
Thanks, Gayle! I hope you give it a try. I love the salsa, too!
I love everything about this pretty pizza – it’s looks amazing!! The strawberry salsa sounds awesome and using naan makes this perfect for any night of the week!
Naan has seriously been my saving grace these past months!
Pizza lovers only in this house and this one looks like a Flavor Bomb!! Love all the seasonal flavors and how easy it is to put together!
Yes! I loaded up this baby with everything I had! I hope you try it out, Marissa!
This is one of the prettiest pizzas ever! I love all the fruit and veggies on it, so summery! I also like the sound of beach pizza 🙂
Both are equally good! Come visit and we’ll get some!
Oh my, Liz! That beach pizza sounds over the top… and I’m sure I’d eat way too much of it, like pizza in general – I’m a SUPER FAN too :p ! And Naan? I’m SO with you! It’s fast, easy and SO delicious fixed up all fancy or simple as a pizza. I’m all heart eyes for that fresh strawberry salsa… still waiting for local here :/
Local strawberries are the best. I anxiously await their arrival every year. I’m a June baby, so I’ve got a thing for strawberries!
Oh my goodness Liz. This looks absolutely incredible. I’m so getting all the ingredients for it the next time I go to the market. And since I’ll likely use a pre cooked rotisserie chicken it will be a breeze to pull together.
Yes, I love those rotisserie chickens from the grocery store. They are my biggest kitchen time saver!
Well that looks just fantastic. I could easily eat pizza every night without complaint too – it’s just way too good. Also I want to try that beach pizza – good thin crust pizza is impossible to find here!
Come for a visit and we’ll make a pit stop for beach pizza!
I can eat pizza pretty much every day, too, especially since the topping possibilities are endless! I love what you’ve added to this pizza! The sweet strawberries sound so good with the grilled chicken and greens.
I love that savory-sweet combination!
I want all of my salads on pizza!! Yum!
Right? It’s the best!