I’m super excited about today’s recipe. Because PIZZA!!!
It’s probably one of my most loved foods. I could eat pizza almost every night and not complain. And I’ll take any version you want to throw at me. Deep dish, thin crust, wood-fired, plain or fully loaded. It’s all good.
We have something here in coastal New England that we affectionately call “beach pizza”. I’m sure others have this too. But it’s basically the thinnest crust ever, sauce and cheese. No frills. Served on a paper plate. A bit greasy. And cheap as all get out.
I love it. I crave it. And when I moved back here from the West Coast, it was one of the first things I ate.
This Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad Pizza with Fresh Strawberry Salsa is WAY fancier than my beloved beach pizza. But it’s pizza nonetheless. And I’m obsessed with it.
The other thing I’m obsessed with lately is store-bought naan (I typically buy the Stonefire Tandoori Naan). I got hooked on this stuff a couple months ago and there has been no turning back. Because it makes life really easy. I warm it up either in my oven or on my grill. And then I go to town with all the toppings.
Today’s version has some marinated grilled chicken breast, mozzarella cheese, mixed salad greens and a sweet and spicy strawberry- jalapeño salsa. It’s everything you need for a complete meal all in one neat little package. And it’s ready in just about 30 minutes. I guarantee you’ll be making this one all Summer long!
Be sure to look for the thin cut chicken breasts in your grocery store. They cook up much quicker, helping to get this meal on the table FAST!
It’s also the first Thursday of the month, which makes today 30 Minute Thursday! Check out the links below to see what some of my blogging friends have cooked up for June. I hope you find some inspiration for your next dinner!
For the Pizza
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 thin cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 pieces naan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
For the Salsa
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, diced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper. Transfer 3 tablespoons of the dressing to a large zip-closure bag. Then add the chicken breasts to the bag and seal it closed, making sure to push out as much of the air as possible so that the dressing coats the chicken breasts on all sides. Let this sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat your grill to medium-high.
- Toss the mixed greens with the remaining dressing. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the zip-closure bag and place them directly on your grill, discarding any leftover dressing. Cook the chicken breasts until they are no longer pink on the inside and the juices run clear, about 5-7 minutes per side. Remove and transfer the grilled chicken breasts to a clean plate. Tent with aluminum foil to keep warm. Allow the chicken breasts to rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing them into strips.
- Meanwhile, warm the naan on your grill for 1 minute per side. When you flip the naan to the second side, sprinkle the tops with the mozzarella cheese, dividing it evenly between the two pieces of naan. Remove the naan from the grill and place each piece on clean plate with the cheese-side facing up.
- Top each piece of naan with half of the dressed salad greens, half of the sliced chicken breasts and a couple spoonfuls of the fresh strawberry salsa. Slice and serve immediately.
All images and text ©
30 Minute Thursday Recipes
Creamy Sausage and Mushroom Rigatoni by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad by Life Made Sweeter
Blackened Fish Taco Bowls with Corn Salsa by Bake Eat Repeat
One Pot Creamy Vegan Caprese Pasta by She Likes Food
Vegetarian Portobello Mushroom Fajitas by Kristine’s Kitchen
One Pot BBQ Chicken Pasta by The Recipe Rebel