Question: why is Taco Tuesday such a widespread event, but Taco Thursday isn’t?
Seriously. Why is this? As far as I can tell, both days should be equally acceptable days to consume tacos. They both start with the letter “T”, thus satisfying the important requirement that the food we’re eating must start with the same first letter of that of the day it’s being consumed. And HELLO, the more days that we get to enjoy tacos, the better. Right?!?!
This all seems fairly straightforward to me. So as far as I’m concerned, today is Taco Thursday. And to celebrate, I’m sharing the recipe for these crazy easy Chipotle Zucchini and Corn Tacos.
It’s also 30 Minute Thursday, meaning that these babies can be made in just about 30 minutes. Which makes them ideal for a low stress weeknight dinner, even on the busiest of work/school nights.
Oh and did I mention that you only need one baking sheet and one bowl for this recipe? Yeah. That’s a pretty sweet bonus, if you ask me.
For more quick and easy recipes, check out the links below!
The filling for these tacos is pretty simple (but definitely not short on flavor!). And I narrowed down the toppings to just a few of my favorite things, like avocado, crumbled goat cheese and cilantro. But feel free to get crazier with the toppings if you want. Or maybe add some black beans if you want a more “stick to your ribs” version of this recipe. Whatever you do, just make sure you get out there and celebrate Taco Thursday!
Chipotle Zucchini and Corn Tacos
For the Filling:
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- Corn tortillas, warmed or grilled
- Diced avocado
- Crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the zucchini slices, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the adobo sauce, 1/2 tsp. of the salt and the cumin until the zucchini is well coated. Spread the zucchini slices out into a single layer on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Then transfer them to your pre-heated oven to roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the kernels off the corn cobs and add them to the same bowl you used to toss the zucchini. Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 tsp. salt, tossing to combine. After the zucchini has roasted for 15 minutes, carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and add the corn kernels, tossing to combine and flipping the zucchini over to the second side. Place the baking sheet back in your oven to roast for an additional 10 minutes. Then remove and cover to keep warm.
- To assemble the tacos, fill each tortilla with a spoonful of the roasted zucchini and corn. Then top with diced avocado, cheese, cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Enjoy immediately.
30 Minute Thursday Recipes
Chicken and Spinach Pesto Quesadillas from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
One Pot Baked Ziti from The Recipe Rebel
One Pot Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole from Kristine’s Kitchen
One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta from Savory Nothings
Peanut Chicken Stir Fry from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Taco Thursday should totally be a thing, especially if it involves deliciousness like this! I’ve never had zucchini on my tacos before, so I need to try this! Sounds so good with the chipotle flavors, Liz!
And it’s a great way to use up zucchini, which is going crazy right now in everyone’s gardens and markets!
How about tacos everyday, can that be a thing? 🙂 Love the summery look of these Liz!
Yup, let’s make it a thing!
I’m all for declaring Tuesday AND Thursday official Taco days! And I’m SO in love with these easy tacos too! That adobo sauce with late summer veggies got my attention!! I love how simple but BIG on flavor these are. Delicious work Liz (and we’re twinning this week! LOL!)
Yay for more tacos! And the adobo sauce is such an easy way to add big flavor. I love it!
I was JUST thinking about that last night! My timing always seems to be epically off, because every time I want to eat or post tacos, it never seems to be on a Tuesday. Alas, I’m cool with every day of the week being a taco day 😉 These fresh n frisky tacos look amaaaaazing! Definitely digging the zucchini and corn action!
Oh yeah, my timing is terrible re: most food holidays/days of the week. Lol. So tacos everyday it is!
I’m all for Taco Thursdays ??
I knew you’d be into it!
I’m so on board with Taco Thursday – especially if I get THESE. Such a fresh idea for the evergreen summer combo of corn and zucchini. Genius.
Thanks, love! I hope you try them!
I feel like EVERY day should be associated with tacos, right?! But I mean, if we are going for the alliteration, we should definitely make taco Tuesday AND Thursday a thing! These tacos look amazing, Liz! LOVING the chipotle in here! Gimme all that smoky heat! Cheers! XOXO
Yay girl! Get it!
Ha I think taco everyday should be legit. And the corn and zucchini… end of summer looooove
I’m holding onto Summer forever!
Why don’t we just have “Taco Week”??? So I can eat all of these 🙂
I like this plan!
These look so good!! You had me at adobo sauce! I need to try these!
The adobo sauce is such an easy way to add tons of flavor!
I’m up for Taco Thursday! These sound delicious.
Let’s do it!
These are all of my favorite ingredients – yum!
Can’t go wrong!
These are awesome and SO easy!
Yes! Perfect for weeknight dinners!
My kids have asked the same thing about Taco Thursday – and then they just decided that every day should be taco day. I agree, it shouldn’t be limited to Tuesdays! These tacos look amazing!
Tacos every damn day! Lol.