I’ve got a simple one today. About 10 minutes of time and a handful of ingredients is all we need to get us to this tender and juicy Easy Slow Cooker Pork Roast With Hoisin-Blackberry Sauce. We are going to let our slow cookers do ALL the heavy lifting while we sit back and have a drink. Dinner is basically going to make itself tonight!
The sauce for this pork roast has only has three measly ingredients: blackberry preserves, hoisin sauce and balsamic vinegar. But the flavor is incredibly complex due to the fact that the hoisin sauce is actually a wonderful mix of salty, sweet and spicy tastes. The pork roast gets bathed in the sauce and cooked low and slow until the meat is basically falling apart. Someone wipe the drool off my face…
I like to serve this over rice with a side of broccoli or snow peas. But it’s also great for making pulled pork sandwiches or Asian style tacos. Kind of a choose your own adventure thing. However you serve it, just make sure you have some napkins nearby. I think you might need a few!
Easy Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Hoisin-Blackberry Sauce
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup blackberry preserves
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- Rub the pork roast with olive oil and place it in the insert of your slow cooker. Season the top of the roast with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the blackberry preserves, hoisin sauce and balsamic vinegar. Pour about two-thirds of the sauce over the pork roast, reserving the remaining one-third (cover and refrigerator it until later). Place the lid on your slow cooker. Cook the pork roast on high for about 4-5 hours or low for about 7-8 hours. The pork roast is done when the meat is extremely tender and falls apart easily.
- When the pork roast is done, shred the meat into pieces (I do this right in the insert of my slow cooker) and then allow the meat to rest in the accumulated juices from the slow cooker for about 10 minutes. This gives it time to soak up some of the juices. Transfer to a serving plate and top with the sliced scallions. Pass with the reserved sauce.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Trackback URL for this post