These Sweet Potato French Fry Barbecue Naan Pizzas might just be the most fabulously fun pizzas that have EVER come out of my kitchen. They are family friendly, totally do-able for a busy weeknight and individually portioned so you can make as many or as few as you need.
Also. French fries on pizza, people! It would take some serious superhuman powers to resist this combination of ingredients!
You know how sometimes you feel like going all out in the kitchen? And sometimes you just don’t? Well these pizzas are for those nights when you just don’t. They take advantage of several store-bought items (naan bread, barbecue sauce and frozen sweet potato fries), which keeps this recipe short and streamlined. And there is no shame in that game. But if you’re finding yourself in the mood for a serious kitchen session and you want to make your own dough, barbecue sauce and/or fries, then I say go for it. I applaud you.
The instructions below are for cooking up a half bag of Alexia Crinkle Cut Sweet Potato Fries This is not sponsored. It’s just the brand that I like. And by no means do you have to use this brand for the recipe. Feel free to use whatever brand of frozen fries that you love. But just be aware that the cooking temperature and times might be different across brands. If that’s the case, simply follow the instructions on the package to fully cook your fries. Then proceed with the rest of the recipe (starting at step 3) as written.
If you try out these Sweet Potato French Fry Barbecue Naan Pizzas, please let me know. I’d love to hear about it!
- 10-ounces frozen sweet potato fries (I used Alexia Crinkle Cut Sweet Potato Fries)
- 2 pieces of naan bread
- 2/3 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the sweet potato fries out onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to your pre-heated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, carefully flipping them over halfway through the cooking time. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the naan bread on a baking sheet that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Divide the barbecue sauce between to the two pieces of bread, spreading it out evenly over the surface while leaving a small border around the edges. Top with the mozzarella cheese, dividing it evenly between the two pieces of bread. Then scatter the sliced red onion over the cheese.
- Transfer the baking sheet to your pre-heated oven and bake the pizzas for 10 minutes. Then remove the baking sheet from your oven and top the pizzas with the cooked sweet potato fries. Return the baking sheet to your oven and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove the baking sheet from your oven. Carefully slide the naan pizzas onto a cutting board and slice into wedges. Sprinkle with minced cilantro before serving.